new! Travel and Accommodation
Dear Fellow Translation Professional,
We invite you to a Seminar on Team Translation, organized by SZAK Publishers, Hungary. Participants of the Seminar shall gain practice in quick and efficient fulfillment of large translation tasks. They will also become familiar with the related software tools.
Participants, divided into groups of 4 or 5, will carry out a real-life translation task, using computer-assisted translation software tools. The contents of the Seminar are based on the organizer's experience in the translator's education at various Hungarian universities, and also the book translation process effective at SZAK Publishers.
The venue is the Institute of Computing of the Faculty of Arts, ELTE University. Budapest.
For a registration fee of €60, you will receive the following (besides admission to the Seminar):
- Printed materials on the topic of the Seminar;
- One seat in a computer lab throughout the event;
- A fully functional, networked 90-day trial version of MemoQ, Hungary's newest CAT tool;
- a subscription to The Translator's Computer, a book by Balázs Kis, István Lengyel and Gábor Ugray, to be published in September 2006; participants will receive this book for free once it is published;
- Lunch in the university canteen;
- Coffee and refreshments;
- Wired or wireless Internet access throughout the event.
Click here to go to the registration form.
Thank you in advance for participation:
This event and the development of the MemoQ system is partly financed by the Hungarian government and EU cohesion funds.